Healthier Vending & Concession Initiative
The Healthier Vending & Concession Initiative increases consumer choice by expanding access to healthier snack and drink options through vending machines. Lorain County Public Health can offer assistance for worksites to improve their vending options. To get started, download the toolkit and learn about making the healthy choice the easy choice in vending machines.
Why the Healthier Vending & Concession Initiative?
- A review of worksite health programs show that well-implemented workplace health programs can lead to 25% savings each on absenteeism, health care costs, and workers’ compensation and disability management claim costs.
- More than one third of U.S. adults are obese – that’s 78.6 million people.
- Chronic diseases are responsible for 7 of 10 deaths each year.
- Vending machines and concession stands are a common source of junk food and sugary drinks.
- Making healthy foods available in vending machines and in concession stands provides variety and creates healthier environments.
Implement the Healthier Vending & Concession Initiative in your worksite using the toolkit and modifiable resources below:
Funding provided by Communities Preventing Chronic Disease conducted through Lorain County Public Health.