10 Ways to Stay Active
Life is busy, but it doesn’t mean that exercise should get the boot from your schedule. Here are some ways to help you keep you moving and live healthy!Life is busy, but it doesn’t mean that exercise should get the boot from your schedule. Here are some ways to help you keep you moving and live healthy!
- Enroll in an exercise class such as dancing or kickboxing.
- Join a gym—seeing others exercise may keep you motivated. Click here to find a local fitness center.
- Exercise with a friend. They may encourage you on days you do not want to work out.
- Set goals to push yourself to improve.
- Track your results. This can help you continue your progress. Check out Lorain County Walks—an online lifestyle fitness program designed to help you be active and track your progress.
- Vary your workouts to keep yourself from getting bored.
- Stop or slow down exercise as needed. Pushing yourself too hard may lead to injury or failure.
- Eat healthy foods to get the energy needed to stay active.
- Utilize public places around the community where you can take part in physical activity such as a public pool, school track or walking path. Find 25 Lorain County Walking Maps, here!
- Add physical activity plans on your calendar to make it part of your weekly routine. Such as, coffee and a walk with a friend, going to the gym, or taking your (grand) kids to the playground.
You can find more ways to stay physically active at the CDC website.
Sources: Weight-control Information Network, cdc.gov