Don't hibernate this winter: places to walk indoors near you at no cost
Posted on: January 10, 2019
Beat the winter blues - take advantage of the benefits of keeping active during the winter months. “Walking helps lower stress levels and boosts the immune system,” said David Covell, MPH, RS, health commissioner at Lorain County Public Health. Start off the new year right and visit these warm and safe locations to walk indoors at no cost:
- Mondays, 5:30 p.m. at Lorain County Metro Parks Splash Zone, 95 W Hamilton St., Oberlin.
- Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Elyria Parks and Recreation East Recreation Center, 1101 Prospect St., Elyria.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6 p.m.to 8 p.m. at Keystone Elementary School, 531 Opportunity Way, LaGrange.
- Wednesdays and Fridays, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Elyria Parks and Recreation West Recreation Center, 1200 Foster Ave., Elyria.
- Thursdays, 5:30 p.m. at Mercy Health Amherst HealthPlex, 47160 Hollstein Drive, Amherst.
- Thursdays, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at Liberty School, 5700 Jaycox Road, North Ridgeville.
- School days, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Midview Middle School, 12865 Grafton Road, Grafton.
- Weekdays, 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. at Old Firehouse Community Center, 100 Avon Belden Road, Avon Lake.
- Weekdays, 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Wellington Town Hall, 115 Willard Memorial Square, Wellington.
- Saturdays, 11 a.m. at Columbia Branch Library, 13824 West River Road, Columbia.