Confused about your blood pressure? In February, public health nurses from the Lorain County General Health District are coming to a location near you to provide blood pressure screenings and to explain how to get an affordable blood pressure cuff of your own. The nurses can also answer your health questions.
February's wellness checks are at 9:00 AM, 11:00 AM, and 2:00 PM at the following locations:
• Wellington Fire Station #2, 202 Kelly St., Wellington on February 2nd and 16th
• Old Stone Church, 553 South Main St., Amherst on February 3rd and 17th
• Neighborhood Alliance- Senior Enrichment Services Center, 90 East College St., Oberlin on February 6th and 27th
• Sugar Ridge Baptist Church, 36600 Sugar Ridge Rd., North Ridgeville on February 8th
• Sheffield Township Church of Christ, 5075 Toledo Rd., Lorain on February 1st
• Sheffield Lake Community Center, 4575 East Lake Rd. (9:00 and 11:00 AM sessions only) on February 7th
• Avon Senior Center, 36786 Detroit Rd., Avon on February 10th and 24th
• North Eaton Christian Church, 35895 East Royalton Rd., Grafton on February 13th
Walk-ins welcome. Adult wellness sessions are no-cost. All adults ages 55 and up are invited to attend. Call 440-567-4120 for more information.